Write a review
- * 4 1/2oz butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 5-6 very ripe bananas - peeled and mashed with a fork
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups self rising flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare two loaf pans either by spraying with baking spray or wiping the inside of the pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well to incorporate. Add Vanilla and combine. Add half of the bananas and half of the flour to the cream mixture. Gently fold until well combined. Add the remaining bananas and flour, fold until combined. Don't over mix once you have added the flour to cream mixture otherwise you will have a tough cake.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the two pans. Bake in the center of the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow the loaves to stand for 5 minutes before removing them from the pans.
- This loaf is delicious served warm from the oven or eaten the same day it is made. Loaves can also be frozen, simply wrapped in plastic wrap when cooled and freeze.