If you’re looking for a delicious, easy to make salad to serve at your next grill out or holiday buffet, this rustic Tuscan Bread Salad ticks all the boxes.
A delicious, easy to make salad perfect for serving at your next grill out or holiday buffet
Write a review
For the salad
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/2 small sized red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers (in brine, drained)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt & Pepper Croutons - see our recipe under basics
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl. Peel the cucumber, slice in half and using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds. Cut the cucumber across in 1/2-inch pieces and add to the bowl with tomatoes. Deseed the peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, add to the bowl with the tomatoes. Thinly slice the onion and add to the bowl with the tomatoes. Roughly chop the basil leaves and add to the bowl. Finally add the capers.
- In a large measuring jug, add the first four ingredients of the dressing and whisk until the salt has dissolved and the mustard is total blended with the vinegar. Add the garlic and whisk to mix. While continuing to whisk, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Just before serving, add the croutons to the bowl with the be vegetables. Pour the dressing over the croutons and gently toss to mix the vegetables, croutons and dressing together. Serve on a flat serving platter with bunches of whole basil leaves as a garnish.