These dunkers are the perfect accompaniment for a thick rustic soup or fresh salad. They’re also a great use for any leftover bread you have hanging around.
These dunkers are the perfect accompaniment for a thick rustic soup or fresh salad. They're also a great use for any leftover bread you have hanging around.
Write a review
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- These dunkers are easier to make with stale bread, so try to buy the bread the day before. Slice bread into 1/4-inch thick diagonal slices and lay on a baking tray overnight so they become stale.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cheeses. In a separate small bowl, mix olive oil with minced garlic. Using a pastry brush, brush bread slices with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle black pepper on to the bread slices, and then cheese. The cheese doesn't need to be very thick.
- Bake until golden - about 10 minutes.
- Serve either warm or cooled, as an accompaniment for salads or soups.