This is one of the best recipes to make for a crowd. It’s simple, easy and very quick to prepare – perfect for your next holiday gathering.
A scrummy nibble to serve with drinks.
Write a review
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 20 rashers streaky bacon
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Join the pastry sheets together by damping the edges to be joined and crimping them with a fork. Roll out pastry with a rolling pin until it measures approximately 24-inches by 12-inches.
- Lay bacon across the pastry horizontally, sprinkle with sea salt and then roll the pastry tightly to make a 24-inch roll. Seal the long edge by damping with water and crimping lightly with a fork. Cover the roll with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Cut roll into pinwheels approximately 3/8-inch thick and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes then turn over and bake for another 4 to 5 minutes until crispy and well puffed. Cool slightly on a wire rack before serving.
- Pinwheels can be made ahead of time by partially baking them (5 minutes per side) and then freezing them. Return frozen pinwheels into a 400 degree f oven and bake for 4 to 5 minutes.